NOTE: This policy has been replaced by the Public Participation Policy (2012)
The Winston-Salem Urban Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) has adopted a Public Participation Policy. This policy has the following goals:
- Bring a broad cross-section of the public into the public policy and transportation planning decision-making process.
- Make special efforts to increase the opportunities for involvement by groups of citizens who do not generally participate in community affairs, particularly low-income and minority populations.
- Provide citizens with opportunities to participate in developing plans and programs for their communities.
- Make information on government activities widely available to the public.
- Maximize the use of communications technology to facilitate the exchange of information between public officials and citizens, including use of the MPO web site and other electronically accessible formats (CDs, e-mail, etc.).
- Ensure that technical information is available in understandable form and that all segments of citizens are afforded access to this information.