The Winston-Salem Urban Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) has updated its Public Participation Policy. The updated policy was adopted on July 19, 2012 at the regular meeting of the Transportation Advisory Committee (TAC).
The Public Participation Policy has the following goals:
- Bring a broad cross-section of the public into the public policy and transportation planning decision-making process.
- Make special efforts to increase the opportunities for involvement by groups of citizens who do not generally participate in community affairs, particularly low-income and minority populations.
- Provide citizens with opportunities to participate in developing plans and programs for their communities.
- Make information on government activities widely available to the public.
- Maximize the use of communications technology to facilitate the exchange of information between public officials and citizens, including use of the MPO web site and other electronically accessible formats (CDs, e-mail, etc.).
- Ensure that technical information is available in understandable form and that all segments of citizens are afforded access to this information.
This document requires the
free Adobe Reader; download it from the Adobe web site.