Utilities Division - Feb. 26, 2014
Water service to portions of the Washington Park and Sunnyside neighborhoods is scheduled to be shut off between 9 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 27, and 5 a.m. Friday, Feb. 28, while crews replace two water valves and repair a section of a water main. Work will be rescheduled for the next working day if it is delayed due to weather.
The shutdown will affect these streets:
- Acadia St. from Sunnyside Avenue to Hollyrood Street
- Banner Avenue
- 100 block of Cascade Avenue
- 2000 block of Main Street
- 2100 block of Rawson Street
- Violet Street
- 2000-2400 blocks of Broad Street
- 1800-2100 blocks of Sunnyside Avenue
Residents in the affected areas should make the following preparations:
- Store an adequate supply for cooking and drinking.
- Turn water heater circuit breaker to the off position. (Residents with gas water heaters should contact their gas company if they have any questions.)
- Avoid opening any faucets or flushing any toilets during this time. This will help minimize air in your pipes.
If the water is discolored after service has been restored, flush your lines through bath tub faucet first, for a short period. If the water does not clear in a reasonable time, contact CityLink at 311 or 727-8000 for assistance.
For more information call CityLink 311.