New Service, Transfers, and Voluntary Disconnects

Requests for new service may be made by contacting City Link (311 or 336-727-8000). Arrangements to initiate service may also be made by using the online service, or by faxing, writing or visiting the Business Office.

Online page for water/stormwater bill paying, viewing bill, requesting service

Send fax requests for new service to 336-747-7400 and written requests to:

ATTN: New Service
Utilities Business Office
City of Winston-Salem
P.O. Box 2756
Winston-Salem, NC 27102-2756

To request new service please provide the following information:

  • Tax identification number/social security number or Driver's License Number (for credit evaluation). If a deposit is assessed, it must be paid prior to account set-up.
  • A copy of your rental agreement (lease), if you rent. If a rental agreement is not available, please complete a Proof of Occupancy form [pdf/2p].
  • Address for service and mailing address if different.
  • Date to start new service.
  • Name to be used on the account.

If your request for service is received on Monday through Friday before noon, we can usually have service connected by the end of that day. However, if your request is received after noon, we can usually have service connected by noon the following workday.

The Business Office cannot initiate service on city holidays, weekends or at night.

Directions to City Hall and the Bryce A. Stuart Municipal Building 

City Hall and the Bryce A. Stuart Municipal Building are located near I-40 Business in Downtown Winston-Salem. From I-40 Business take the Main St. Exit and then turn right on First Street.  The Stuart Building is on the right and the entrance is on the corner of First and Church St. City Hall is on the left with entrances on Main Street.

Metered parking is available on the street and in the parking deck across Church St. or in the surface lot north of City Hall.

Notify me of page changes

Receive E-Mail Notification When New Information is Posted on this Page
As a member, enjoy the benefits of MyCityofWS, including your choice of newsletters, and notifications about events and site updates. Login and Manage Your Subscriptions Now.

Citizen Notification System

City Link 311