City crews will begin picking up leaves Monday, Nov. 3. The Winston-Salem Sanitation Division will provide single-family households with three leaf collections this fall.
To receive all three collections, residents should have their leaves raked to the curb by Nov. 3, Nov. 20, and Dec. 29. Leaves raked to the curb by Nov. 3 will be picked up no later than Nov. 19. Leaves at the curb by Nov. 20 will be picked up by Dec. 24, and leaves at the curb by Dec. 29 will be picked up by Jan 16.
Inclement weather may force a change in the leaf collection schedule. To assist citizens in tracking leaf collection, the division has created a Web page with a map showing the progress of leaf-collection crews for each collection period.
Leaf Collection Guidelines
- Rake leaves to the edge of your yard, behind the curb, and NOT IN THE STREET.
- LEAVES ONLY. Sticks, rocks and other debris may damage equipment.
- Do not park vehicles on, in front of, or near your leaves.
- Do not put your leaves on a tarp.
- You may not burn leaves inside the city limits.
- Leaf collection is provided to single family houses only.
The Leaf Routes page