Residents on selected streets in the West End neighborhood are being asked to remove their vehicles from their street starting July 27 to allow crews to resurface the pavement.
Starting Monday, July 27, the streets listed below will be milled to remove the top layer of asphalt. Manholes, water valves and other structures will be raised as needed. Resurfacing will begin on or around August 10 and the project is scheduled to be completed by Aug. 21. Residents will need to remove all vehicles from the street during this time. Inclement weather could affect the work schedule.
The affected streets are:
- West End Boulevard from First Street to Reynolda Road
- Manly Street from West End Boulevard to Summit Street
- Pilot View Street from Jersey Avenue to West End Boulevard
- Fifth Street from Glade Street to Broad Street
- Fourth and a half Street from Brookstown Avenue to Broad Street
- Fourth Street from Summit Street to Broad Street
- Brookstown Avenue from West End Boulevard to Fourth Street
- Clover Street from West End Boulevard to Glade Street
- Forsyth Street from Sunset Drive to Fourth Street
- Glade Street from Hawthorne Avenue to Sunset Drive
- Sunset Drive from Glade Street to West End Boulevard
- Summit Street from West End Boulevard to Fourth Street
For more information, call City Link at 727-8000.
Map of the area [google map -new window]
Streets Resurfacing web page