City News

As of July 1, contractors and developers working on commercial construction projects in Forsyth County will have to purchase water meters from the Utilities Division.

The change will ensure that the meter is entered into the Utilities billing system. Previously, contractors could purchase water meters independently and notify Utilities when they were connected to the water system.

The change applies to all three-inch and larger water meters.

Contractors needing a meter should come to the Utilities Business Office off the lobby of the Stuart Municipal Building, 100 E. First St., said Nick Seeba, the utilities services coordinator for the Utilities Division.

"The process will be similar to the way we handle residential water meters," Seeba said. "The contractor will come in and apply for service and tell us the size meter that he needs. We will provide the meter and the cost will need to be paid with the application. Customers may pay by credit card, cash, or check."


Actions: E-mail | Permalink |

Citizen Notification System

City Link 311