The Winston-Salem Urban Area Transportation Advisory Committee, the Piedmont Authority for Regional Transportation, and the Winston-Salem Transit Authority are seeking public review and comment on the following documents:
Draft 2035 Transportation Plan Update
Draft Air Quality Conformity Determination Report
Citizens can review the documents and meet with staff at these locations:
- Nov. 17, 8 to 10 a.m., Dixie Classic Fairgrounds Farmers’ Market, 27th and 28th Streets, Winston-Salem.
- Nov. 19, 4 to 8 p.m., Miller Park Community Center, 400 Leisure Lane, Winston-Salem.
- Nov. 20, 6 to 7 p.m., Clemmons Village Hall, 3715 Clemmons Rd., Clemmons.
- Nov. 26, 4 to 8 p.m., Hanes Hosiery Community Center, 501 Reynolds Blvd., Winston-Salem.
- Nov. 27, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Stuart Municipal Building, 100 E. First St., Winston-Salem.
- Nov. 28, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Forsyth County Public Health Department, 799 N. Highland Ave., Winston-Salem.*
- Nov. 29, 3 to 6 p.m., Clark Campbell Trans. Center, 100 W. Fifth St., Winston-Salem.*
- Dec. 1, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Hanes Mall, 3320 Silas Creek Pkwy, Winston-Salem.*
- Dec. 4, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Forsyth Co. Gov. Center, 201 N. Chestnut St., Winston-Salem.
- Dec. 8, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Marketplace Mall, 2101 Peters Creek Pkwy, Winston-Salem.*
- Dec. 10, 7 p.m., Presentations to Kernersville Planning Board, 134 E. Mountain St., Kernersville; and Rural Hall Town Council, 423 Bethania Rural Hall Rd., Rural Hall.
- Dec. 13, 4:30 p.m., Presentation to City-County Planning Board, 5th Floor Meeting Room, Stuart Municipal Bldg.
*Spanish language translation available at these meetings.
Drafts are available online at www.DOT.CityofWS.org, and copies will be placed Nov. 15 through Dec. 21 at all town halls and public libraries in the urban area; at the N.C. Department of Transportation office at 375 Silas Creek Parkway, Winston- Salem; and at Suite 307 in the Stuart Municipal Building, 100 E. First St., Winston-Salem.
Citizen can give their comments to DOT staff at a meeting or submit written comments. Comments can be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com; they can be faxed to (336) 748-3370; or they can be mailed to Fred Haith, Winston-Salem Dept. of Transportation, P.O. Box 2511, Winston-Salem, NC 27102. Comments must be received by Dec. 21.
2035 Transportation Plan page