Sanitation Division - Oct. 30, 2013
City crews will start collecting leaves on Monday, Nov. 4, in the western quadrant of the city, between Business 40 and U.S. 421 to the south and Reynolda and Yadkinville roads to the north.
Citizens can track the progress of leaf collection and to enter their address for an estimate of when the leaf trucks will be in their neighborhood.
Residents who do not have access to a computer can call CityLink at 311 and a City Link agent will look it up. Keep in mind that the date will be only an estimate, because inclement weather and other factors can affect the pace of leaf collection.
City leaf trucks will make three passes through each neighborhood. For leaf collection follow these guidelines:
- Rake leaves to the edge of the yard, behind the curb, and not in the street.
- Sticks, rocks, and other debris may damage our equipment. Please, leaves only.
- Do not park vehicles on, in front of, or near leaves.
- Do not put leaves on a tarp or over a storm drain.
- Leaf collection is provided to single-family houses only.
- Remember, residents MAY NOT burn leaves inside the city limits.
For year-round leaf collection, put leaves in a city yard-waste cart. Call CityLink 311 for information about how to get a yard cart.