Police Department - Dec. 2, 2013
Police Chief Barry D. Rountree of the Winston-Salem Police Department announced today the promotion of seven police officers, one police Records Division employee, and one crime analyst.
Lieutenant Christopher A. Lowder is promoted to captain effective December 9. Lowder is a 19-year veteran of the Police Department. During his career he has served in the Field Services Bureau/Patrol Division, the Special Operations Division, and the Office of the Chief of Police. He has a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice from the University of North Carolina at Wilmington and he holds an Advanced Law Enforcement Certificate.
Also promoted are:
- To Lieutenant: Sergeant Carla J. Yandell.
- To Sergeant: Corporals Michael S. McDonald and Catrin B. Giles.
- To Corporal: Officers Charles D. Brackett, Cory R. Luper and Christina D. Darga.
- To Police Records Supervisor: Police Records Specialist Laura I. Cherry.
- To Senior Crime Analyst: Crime Analyst Candace L. Madren.