Police Department - March 28, 2014
Police Chief Barry D. Rountree announced today the promotion of seven police officers, and two non-sworn personnel.
Lieutenant Catrina Thompson is promoted to captain effective March 31 and will command the Criminal Investigations Division. Thompson is a 20-year veteran of the Police Department. During her career she has served in the Field Services Bureau/Patrol Division, the Recruiting Unit, the Training Division and the Criminal Investigations Division. She has a bachelor’s degree from Wayne State University and a master’s degree from Appalachian State University. She is a graduate of the West Point Leadership Program and the FBI Law Enforcement Executive Development Association’s Command and Executive Institutes.
Also promoted are:
- To Lieutenant: Sergeant William Penn.
- To Sergeant: Corporals Kevin Bell and Eric Johnson.
- To Corporal: Officers Mark Grant, Christopher Rakes and Kevin Shay.
- To Forensics Services Squad Supervisor: Tonya Joyce.
- To Senior Administrative Assistant: Ouida Patten.