2450 Reynolds Park Road
Winston-Salem, NC 27107
8 a.m. to dusk daily.
Quarry Park offers a peaceful refuge in the heart of Winston-Salem. The park's focal point is the overlook pier that extends over the eastern side of the quarry, offering views of the deep blue waters of the old quarry that gives the park its name, and of the city skyline in the distance. The park also has several overlooks offering different perspectives on the old quarry.
The quarry was operated as Piedmont Quarry from the mid-1920s until the early 1970s. When work stopped the quarry slowly filled with water, though high cliffs still ring the site. Vulcan Materials donated the land to the city in 1998.
The entrance road to Quarry Park is at 2450 Reynolds Park Road, next to the tennis courts at the William R. Anderson Recreation Center and across from Reynolds Park Golf Course.
On foot or by bike, you can also access get to the park on the Waughtown Connector greenway, which runs to the Waughtown area on one end and the Peachtree Greenway on the other.
Quarry Park Map
Download printable map [pdf/1p]
- No fishing
- No swimming or diving
- No boats, kayaks or other watercraft
- Dogs must be on a leash
- No feeding the wildlife
- Clean up after your dogs and horses
- No motorized vehicles on trails or on grass
- No camping/BMX activities
- No alcoholic beverages or drugs
- No littering, dumping or burning
- No glass containers
- No golf practice
- All weapons are prohibited except concealed handguns with a valid concealed-carry permit (City Code Sections 38-10 and 38-12)