Street Closure Permits - Contractors

Department of Transportation (DOT) Permits

Temporary Right-of-Way Closure Permit

Contractors who need to close a roadway, lane of a roadway, or a sidewalk must obtain a permit. The permit application should be submitted well in advance of the work schedule. There is no fee for the permit. However, the applicant is responsible for all needed traffic control including detours. 

To file a permit, please submit a completed application to the City's Permit Office in person or by emailing Winston-Salem Department of Transportation Permits. For more information regarding the permit please email Reid Hutchins or call him at 336-747-6831. Applications can be found under the "Forms" heading to the right.


The required form for obtaining a permit can be found below.

Temporary Right-of-Way Closure Form (PDF)

Temporary Right-of-Way Closure Form (DOCX)